I love

I love making crafts and food. On Kaya's Korner I hope to upload pictures and post what I am making and doing.







Saturday, April 16, 2011

My Trip to Saint Louis (9)

Ninth Day Thursday: August 19, 2010

Weather: 96 F

For breakfast I had a spinach omelet and toast.  Nannah likes to hook rugs so she teaches her grandchildren how.  So I started a little rug.  Their maid came by and saw how I was hooking and she said no one ever made her something hooked so I got the idea of making her a hooked S because her name is Sharron.  We went out to pizza and I got pesto and tomato and coke.  When we came back I used the computer while Nannah watched tennis on the TV.  We made mocha ice cream in the ice cream maker and had pesto pasta for dinner.  Nannah made the pesto from basil in the garden.  We had the ice cream for dessert and it was really good!!!!  Nannah likes to watch a TV show called Doc Martin so Nannah and I watched that while Poppop did the dishes.  There was this other movie on so we watched that till 11:00pm.  I hooked a bit of my rug while I watched.  Then I listened to my iPod for a bit and went to sleep.

 Ben & Jerry's Mocha Ice Cream
Yield: 1 quart

2 cups whipping cream
1 cup milk
3/4 cup granulated sugar
4 teaspoons unsweetened cocoa powder
2 tablespoons freeze-dried coffee
2 large pasteurized eggs

Mix cream, milk, sugar, cocoa and coffee in mixing bowl until blended.  Whisk eggs in another bowl until light yellow.  Pour eggs into cream mixture; stir until blended.  Transfer mixture to ice cream maker.  Freeze according to manufacturer's instructions. 

No comments:

Post a Comment