I love

I love making crafts and food. On Kaya's Korner I hope to upload pictures and post what I am making and doing.







Saturday, April 16, 2011

My Trip to Saint Louis (4)

Fourth Day Saturday: August 14, 2010

Weather: 97 F

Katie and I woke up a few minutes before Aunt Kris came in to tell us that we had to leave soon because Katie's (not mine too) grandpa's house's basement had flooded.  He lives in a fancy nursing home now and is trying to sell his house but hasn't yet.  Katie and I left her house with images in our mind of five inch deep water.  I dared her to swim in it!  Before we went to his house we got croissants and muffins.  When we finally got there a lot of cars were in the driveway.  We went down to the basement and were surprised to see that the basement wasn't filled with water, it had had a leak and soaked the carpet.  They took the carpet out.  Everyone had their breakfast and Katie and I went upstairs to watch TV.  We had a tickle fight!  When we left we stopped by at Katie's grandpa's nursing home by ourselves and after we said hi to him we got to go to the ice cream parlor downstairs (fancy right?!).  You get to scoop your own ice cream!  Katie invited some of her friends to her neighborhood pool and we swam and went down the slide for a while, we had pizza there.  Then we went to this frozen custard place (more ice cream!).  We went back to Katie's and she was really hyper and laughed at everything.  When she was over her laughing fit we wanted to play this 300 wishes game but it needed at least three people to play so we asked Tim to play it with us and he didn't want to.  Aunt Kris made him.  When we were done with the game we went to bed.

No comments:

Post a Comment