I love

I love making crafts and food. On Kaya's Korner I hope to upload pictures and post what I am making and doing.







Saturday, April 16, 2011

My Trip to Saint Louis (2)

Second Day  Thursday: August 12, 2010

Weather: 99 F

I slept late and I had two small boxes of sample cereal for breakfast. We sat around for a while and I ironed some cloths, surprisingly I like to iron, it's something that doesn't take a lot of work.   We had peanut butter and jelly sandwiches before Nannah took me took me to Your Pots Desire (a store where you can paint pottery).  I painted a bowl, it took all afternoon and when we got out of the store it was sprinkling (a little).  Nannah and I made June's Tomato Pie.  Yum!!  While it was in the oven Nannah and Poppop's friend who is raising money to pay for graduate school by working for this company that makes and sells knives came by to give us a thirty minute tutorial.  We got to test the knives on leather and rope and see how they compared to the knives that Nannah and Poppop own.  Guess what?  The lady's knives worked better.  She told us why.  Nannah had a hard time choosing which ones to get for a thirty day trial, partly because the lady kept saying different deals that she could give us.  When she left, the tutorial had been more than two hours!  We ate the tomato pie and corn for dinner, we sat on their screened porch because it had cooled down that night.

June's Tomato Pie Recipe:

put pie crust in pie pan and bake on 425 F for five minutes

put 3-4 sliced tomatoes,
salt and pepper and
2 tops chopped fresh basil or 1 top dried chopped chives or scallions in pie crust

mix 1/2 cup mayo and
8oz monteray jack together and spread over tomatoes

cook on 400 F for 35 minutes  Enjoy!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment