I love

I love making crafts and food. On Kaya's Korner I hope to upload pictures and post what I am making and doing.







Saturday, April 16, 2011

My Trip to Saint Louis (7)

Seventh Day Tuesday: August 17, 2010

Weather: 85 F

We woke up and had cereal for breakfast.  Then we packed our bags, because we were going to the country.  Nannah and Poppop have a log cabin there and they stay there sometimes.  Poppop and I walked to the bank and back, then we left an hour behind schedule!  When we got to the cabin we got settled and Nannah and I played a game called rush hour.  We put on our bathing suits, grabbed a few noodles and went down to the pool/lake (it's a lake with a dam so part of it is concrete which makes it look like a pool).  Poppop is a lung doctor and he told me a story about when one of his patients had a minnow down their windpipe.  There were minnows in the lake so I was worried that one would go down mine!  The water was cold but you warmed up to it after awhile, it was kind of refreshing.  We went back to the cabin and took showers.  After mine I decorated Poppop's hat and drew on a pillow case.  The pillow case said in big letters:  SAVE OUR ANIMALS then in small cursive letters it said: their lives our precious just like ours. And I drew a pig, chic and sheep on it!  Nannah and Poppop's friends who have a cabin right by Nannah and Poppop's got a guide dog and they wanted to show him to us.  We went outside to see the dog and standing there I got six mosquito bites.  They were sooooo itchy!!!  Nannah said not to scratch them or I'd get an infection, it was so hard not to though.    We had ratatouille and polenta for dinner and chocolate for dessert!  Nannah and I played a game of cribbage and she won, sadly!  I went to bed to the sound of crickets.

No comments:

Post a Comment